Search This Blog

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Faith Perspective Day Two

The gracious act of faith from a loving Father [with apologies to those from a different faith perspective] is a component of how one experiences days like today.  It will spring primarily from their very personal choices about their search for meaning. Some of those are faith commitments--I'm working from a faith that believes the Christian basics:
  • we're majorly screwed up deep in our deepest being
  • we have the opportunity to accept, without any reliance on our own effort the completed work of a gracious dieing, resurrected God, whose death and resurrection invites us to 
  • complete (eventually) transformation into a new version of the resurrected Jesus, becoming followers of him yet also completed versions of ourselves impossible apart from him.
To some that will be the religious part, the crutch.  No defensiveness here (I'm a psychotherapist, we're not much given to defensiveness). I have total respect for the fact that this God (about whom I have some very specific and very passionately-held beliefs) has given each of us final choice(s) and amazing respect for our individual choices (and their consequences).

Again, apologies to those of different faiths but I am enamored of the belief Luther sometimes called, far more eloquently than my paraphrase, 'only grace, only the Bible, only Jesus' in response to the non inconsiderable weirdnesses of the religious systems of his time.

Further Resource to Check out:
Francis Chan on choosing or not choosing faith.  I'm a big fan of Chan--he's a great communicator and a committed follower of Jesus, not a common combination in my experience

No comments:

Post a Comment