Search This Blog

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Once Again . . . Back From the Dead (Or So It Seems)

I noticed it has been many weeks since my last entry so many of you have probably assume thing went poorly, especially with the bone marrow transplant.  To the contrary, all is in remission now, I'm back to 100% in terms of my work life.

As I've often said to friends, not only do I have, as far as anyone knows, full health, but it is very likely I have a greater appreciation of this status than many of you non-cancer survivors.

I'm excited not to be identified as a patient any longer and am focusing on both leading Mountain Counseling & Training, Inc.  and creating a new non-profit which is focused on creating Christian Community Experiments (CCX) throughout the mountain communities. 

In addition to the greater level of appreciation for the freedom from distraction, I also have a greatly enhanced gratitude for life generally. I am much less likely to be tolerant of wasted time and opportunities and much more likely to be willing to take on low probability, high-reward projects (most of the coolist things in my life fall into this category).

I hope all is well with you and your adventures . . .

1 comment:

  1. That is really wonderful to read. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete