Friday was an easy day, made easier because I went out to San Diego with a friend who helped with the driving and was a good companion. Doing things (especially potentially hard things) with people you care about is way better than the alternatives. Things have gone so well, though, that I'm planning to try the next few one-day treatments solo. I'm thinking the most grueling part of that will be he rush hour San Diego drive.
The staff (and I) continue to be very pleased at the virtual lack of side effects I'm experiencing as I deal with the HDMP and the GA 101 infusions.
Here's a quick summary of the treatment I'm engaged in:
Cycle 1
2/26/15 HDMP Infusion, GA101 Infusion
2/27/15 HDMP Infusion, GA 101 Infusion
2/28/15 HDMP Infusion
3/6 GA 101 Infusion
3/12 GA 101 Infusion
Cycle 2
3/26/15 HDMP Infusion, GA101 Infusion
3/27/15 HDMP Infusion, GA 101 Infusion
3/28/15 HDMP Infusion
Cycle 3
4/23 HDMP Infusion, GA101 Infusion
4/24 HDMP Infusion
4/25 HDMP Infusion
Cycle 4
5/21 HDMP Infusion, GA101 Infusion
5/22 HDMP Infusion
5/23 HDMP Infusion
Cycle 5
6/18 GA101 Infusion
Cycle 6
7/16 GA101 Infusion
GA101 = Gazyva/Obinituzimab
HDMP = High Dose Methylpredisone
Bottom line: mega steroids, major doses of Obinituzimab, all designed to create a lasting remission in CLL. Everything going according to plan so far.
Been thinking a lot about gratitude of late--more difficult at present because I'm going through some significant business difficulties. I'm also very aware that this stress is not particularly good for the CLL prognosis. Could be overwhelming to one not steeped in my own brand of Christian 'tragic' optimism. I still remember in graduate school working with what we called Christian existentialism--basically the Kirkegaardian leap of faith (trusting the one in charge).
No comments:
Post a Comment