But that's really the point--the worst problem yet was a computer glitch and some annoying traffic (which gave me an excuse to have a leisurely dinner and a lot of casual time with the woman I love). So far (I "get" that there may be tougher times ahead) this has really been a 'cake walk'. I'm responding positively to all treatment thus far with virtually no side effects.
At this rate, I'm expecting a call any day from Moores Cancer Center asking me to star in commercial with a client testimonial.
One thing I'm experiencing that I'm betting lots of 'patients' experience: I'm getting a bit tired of the major topic of conversation being health issues. Even in the midst of challenge I'm drawn toward a focus on externals (service to others, new projects, basically strategies for making the world a better place) rather than the tendency toward an inward focus that these health conversations breed. Not to sound ungracious, but the next time you talk to me (or someone else going through a challenge) maybe a better question than "How's your health?" would be "What's your next step in personal or professional growth? What are you working on? Why is this week going to matter?"
So, some lessons learned, thus far:
- Don't take days (or people) for granted.
- Reduce stress.
- Value relationships (they're pretty much all that matters in the final analysis).
- Plan more. Worry less.
- No practice. No waiting. No anger (none). No regrets. Lots of grace. Game on.

No comments:
Post a Comment