Search This Blog

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Day 3 Saturday 3/28 "Third Infusion Day (High Dose Steroids)"

We're now into the second of six treatment cycles.  Just finished the only actual treatment in this cycle (everything else through 4/16 is pretty much blood tests).

On 4/23 we begin a three-day treatment (Cycle 3) that will have Becky and I staying at an Extended Stay hotel (we've been doing Super 8 but decided to upgrade a bit and get a bit more business-friendly amenities since we both need to work as much as possible, it also has a kitchen so we'll save some in eating out).

The last three days were, thankfully, uneventful side effect-wise, which is always nice.

The numbers on the blood tests look good (most are within a normal range, which is what we were looking for, though not necessarily this soon).  If I'm remembering correctly from my research, earlier improvement in the treatment may portend a deeper remission so that I may have hope for a longer remission before any further treatment is required following this trial.

Anyway, the report for now is eminently positive and I'm getting quite a bit done in terms of addressing the strategic issues Mountain Counseling is facing so I'm feeling less stress around that.


1 comment:

  1. Hoping for the best outcome. Praise for the positive results!

    ReplyDelete